Saturday, March 3, 2007

Sigh not so but let them go!

It is with mixed emotions that I write this first update on blogger. I have just finished a training time with MBMSI called TREK alongside my team and 9 other Trekkers. It has been an amazing time of community and learning. Our team has been growing together more and more and the Lord has been extremely good. We all took part in the training in blind faith because each of us had our own plans for what this time would look like, however, the Lord had other plans and I'm so glad cuz His plans are always so much better than ours. I was so blessed to not only spend time with my team but also in close community with the 9 Trekkers as well. I loved spending time with them and we shared much laughter and just about as many tears. Our time together consisted of snow tubing, a disastrous trip to Seattle, 5 pin bowling (which sad to say I lost), and many other lovely times spent together. As I look into the next 2 months and ultimately the next 3 years I am sad to leave this time behind me and yet excited for what the Lord has next. I just went to a Brian Doerksen concert and it really was a lovely way to transition from one season to the next in this journey of mine. Praising the Lord. There are a lot of things to get done before I leave as well as people to spend as much time with as possible:) And then on to Thailand. But I think I'll just take one day at a time. It gets a bit overwhelming if I think to far ahead. Well I will be continuing to update this blog. Feel free to check back whenever you feel like it. I won't always be sending out an e-mail saying I updated it. However, for big updates I will. So on to the next phase of this adventure. I have included a selection of photos from our time together in Trek as well as just fun friend times.

Ever In Him,
Bitsy

3 comments:

Bob and Chris Davis said...

Hi Bitsy,

We LOVE it! Lots of pink!

Bob and Chris
H4T rocks!

KalBarKid said...

Darlingest youngest daughter!
Mom and I are so very delighted that you are following hard after Jesus' calling on your life. Love Him with all of your heart! Grow daily in your personal knowledge of Jesus and His love for you and for the Thai people through your study, meditation and memorization of His Word! Deepen your relationships with your team and your Thai friends by allowing His Spirit to fill you daily as you spend time in His presence through prayer. Remember that you have a family that loves you and is praying for you. Go in the confidence of Jesus authority, commission and abiding presence (Matt. 28:18)
All our love and prayer,
Your Papa and Mom.

Unknown said...

Bitsy!
I love your blog! Great job! Things in GDL are off to a great start...we're still trying to get caught up on sleep and get more acclamated, but so far, so good! And language school is going well. I hope you are enjoying this week and getting some rest. I had such a great time getting to know you and I look forward to staying in touch. And of course seeing you when I visit Thailand!! Miss you already! Talk to you soon!